Author Topic: My Birthday  (Read 1 times)

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
My Birthday
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:32:20 PM »
We decided that we would do something different for my 85th.  Simon is home from Singapore.  Rosie is an avid charity/pre loved shop so we decided to get to a posh place to see what they had on offer. Rosie drove us, Me, Simon and Isabel (grandson's girlfriend) and it took just over an hour to get to Harrogate. 

We found it a really lovely town and a very busy one, but it was a bank holiday.  The girls toured the charity shops and I followed but I am not an expert rummager through things on coat hangers.  Simon toured the book shops and things which interested him.  Because I am not really good on my feet I bought a second hand wheel chair.  It wasn't bad except that Rosie nearly tipped me out after only a few yards, but it was better for them to have me not being a drag.

We queued out side Betty's tea shop and it is so lovely inside.  No riff raff in sight.  I was treated to the 30 quid  high tea which was superb.  We were rather concerned when we got the bill and found we had paid a ten quid tip which was not appropriate really.  The girls had something else, they were not going to pay that price for just for a few tiny cakes and sandwiches that one could put into ones mouth in one go!  I liked the atmosphere so maybe it is the Tory in me!

It really beat my 80 treat which was a trip to the Ethiad stadium to watch Man City draw with Huddersfield Town.

Anyway that was details of my lovely day out in a super place in North Yorkshire

Pam