General Category > General Discussion

Logging in comments

<< < (2/5) > >>

LeeB6430:
I've just finished the update of the Reg Instructions. There are now 6 images and the facility to download the Agreement/Privacy document in PDF and Word formats.Also just done a backup manually. Note to self, Really must find out how to do it through the host organisation - in other words have the backup on Poul's server rather than my confuser.....

Now,
1. Those member quantities are pre-anti SPAM measures (requiring Admin approval) when we were swamped with bot generated users (now all in the bit bucket!!!). I you check the Member list you will notice member sequence numbers > 90.

2. Time zone was setup Danish time, UTC +1, for no other reason than that is where the server is most likely to be.

3. I suspect not, the assumption being that you are going to talk to something reasonably near the Thread title. There will be lessons learnt here I think. Precise topics (Ford cars before 1950) might be a very short thread, whereas (ford cars) could go on forever. Further, I you think you are likely to 'Off topic' preface you remarks appropriately. AS your previous post touched on - don't be afraid of starting a new topic - Also don't be too disappointed if nobody runs with it. ;D ;D

4. The date of birth issue is a 'known problem' at SMF. the official line is 'we do not issue bug fix releases for a single issue unless there are security aspects in the issue'. On the plus side there may be a Mod out there to address the problem, (Mods are non-sanctioned, non-SMF, changes to the software, which may or may not be free) there are hundreds of them out there. I will do a bit of research to see what might be available. By way of example, you might recall we once discussed a Mod called Cleantalk (anti SPAM), which we put on the back burner till we assessed the extent, if any, of any potential SPAM problem.

MR:
Some questions for Lee.
1. How did we register 25 users online at the same time on 22 September, 2021, 12:39:39 AM???
2. What time zone is used by this MB? (seems to be 6 hours earlier than VN time, which makes it somewhere around but not quite GMT, I think?)
3. Is there some way we can remain in the "same topic" thread but without replying to the last post in that topic? (eg, like this post - it's in "Logging in comments" because the questions are loosely related to logging in, but to stay in this thread I had to click "reply" even though it's not really a reply to the previous post).

MR:
Dunno if this is the quickest way to do it but I go Home > General discussion > New topic (highlighted in top RH corner above all the posts).

PamMcD:
I could not find how to start a topic, help?

MR:
G'day Lee - I logged in earlier and opened this "Logging in comments" thread but the very first post came up, instead of the most recent.  I couldn't remember how to change "last to first" and vice versa so logged out and emailed you.
UPDATE: Thanks for your email response, Lee - and for the benefit of anyone else in the same situation, here's how to change the order of posts up/down > down/up and vice versa:
Login
Mouse-over 'Profile', Click 'Forum Profile'
Mouse-over 'Modify Profile'
Click 'Look & Layout'
2/3 down list 'Set' (tick) or 'Reset' (Not) as required
Click 'Change Profile' (bottom left)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version