General Category > General Discussion

Logging in comments

(1/5) > >>

MR:
I see the warning in red at the top (interesting in itself - never seen it before), but I'm not so much replying to previous posts on this topic as reinstating it on page 1 - for no other reason than to see if/how it works, ie I'm taking advantage of the "experimental" phase we're currently going through! ;D

MR:
Yes sir, permission granted!  I've mentioned in another thread that I just tried the birthdate update again and it's still not working, so the door's firmly closed on that one (at least from my perspective)!
But I also wanted to put on record something I recently discovered and which might be helpful for someone else: I opened a thread to post a reply and realised it was upside down, ie latest post at the bottom instead of the top. I closed it to "fix" my profile (I thought) to always show latest posts at the top (as I thought I'd done already, but now possibly mistaken) - but then I realised that the reason was not because my profile hadn't changed properly, it was because I'd opened the thread without logging in!  As soon as I clicked "log in" and then went back and re-opened the thread, the latest post was on top and all was well with the world again!

LeeB6430:
re Birthdate issue - Q4 on posts below. There is an SMF Mod which apparently adds birthdate field(s) to the Registration Form. The minimal documentation currently available does not specify whether or not the date is transferred to the user profile, and, whether or not the date is visible to other users.
For my money, if anyone really wants to know, how old I am or when to send me a birthday card, then they can ask me.
With your permission, end of research. ;D ;D

Terry W:
 :)no problems here :-*

MR:
1. Gotcha!

2. Sounds reasonable - so Poul's generosity has a side benefit of putting Denmark on the map (when I thought the Aussie princess had already done that for them!)  ;D ;D ;D

3. Fair enough.

4. Sounds like far too much trouble - and maybe in the long run it's safer to not disclose any more personal info than necessary to communicate sensibly as I've seen some real true-life horror stories about how easy it is for the bad guys to build up a profile of someone good enough to gain access to their bank accounts just through phone numbers, dates of birth, address, etc etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version