Author Topic: Logging in comments  (Read 7260 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: Logging in comments
« Reply #10 on: 21 October, 2021, 01:14:35 PM »
Please ignore previous - I just opened up the thread and saw Pam's and my five little green squares and Lee's five red ones. Also our rankings as moderators and admin. But I'm still trying to find the "reply panel" to continue Lee's instructions about opening up the posts.  I'll keep looking and resort to email if all else fails!  Btw, I like the ability to edit on the run - this is my third attempt at posting this one!
Last question for now - how/when do we graduate from being Newbies? ;D
« Last Edit: 21 October, 2021, 01:23:50 PM by MR »

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 October, 2021, 01:12:07 PM »
OK, so where have my "five little squares" gone???

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 October, 2021, 01:09:39 PM »
Dare I ask what a "sticky topic" is?

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 October, 2021, 01:02:54 PM »
 ;D I had to laugh at my query regarding Martin having five little squares and me only having one.  Did you wring your hands in exasperation at that?  I think I will be keeping my head down and not shouting or reprimanding any one.  We are all grown ups, says she, after asking why she didn't get as many squares as Martin!!! :-[

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 October, 2021, 05:16:35 AM »
There you go Pam, now you have 5. You will notice on the Forum welcome page below the title 'General Discussion', the board Moderators are listed ie. MR and PamMcD.
You just earned 4 more little squares ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, please be very careful when wielding your Moderator sword. There are literally thousands of small 'help Q&A's' on the Web, to guide you when you are trying to achieve something ie. warn somebody; ban somebody; whatever; ......... etc. Some damage may be irreparable.

Using your preferred search engine, preface your search terms with 'SMF'.
eg. SMF How do I change my avatar?

The people, out there, providing the Answers to your Questions may, probably will, paint with a very broad brush, and may assume that you are an experienced SMF forum user/Moderator/Administrator. Please don't shout back at them when they do not appear to understand your question, or you cannot understand their answer. Emojis work wonders when setting the tone of a conversation. Take the time to look at the date that any of their previous answers were provided, you might be surprised how long this software has been around.

On top of all of that, varying versions of SMF will have varying menu/click/mouseover sequences, to achieve a given task. We are using SMF 2.0.18 should you want to include it in your search terms.

Finally, if you should wish to involve other Moderators/etc. in your search for answers, be sure to provide a link to the page that you are looking at, so that all concerned can refer to the same page. There is also good reading on the Web regarding the powers of Users, Local Moderators, Global Moderators, and Administrators. Consult Dr Google, Duck Duck Go, Yahoo, etc.

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 October, 2021, 02:06:55 AM »
I'll check it out, and maybe do something :-\ :-\ :-\

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 October, 2021, 11:40:35 AM »
What are the little coloured square shapes above our avatars?  I only have one but Martin has five? :-[

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 October, 2021, 11:59:26 AM »
Yes Lee I have managed to be able to log on with not problem now. Thanks for your patience.

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 October, 2021, 02:54:41 AM »
Pam, Test post by Lee

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Logging in comments
« Reply #1 on: 05 April, 2021, 05:02:51 AM »
Still took forever to open, so probably need a warning about that in the prelim "We are open" message.  Also a reassuring comment to follow the once-only link from MB to register.