Author Topic: Guest Book Issues?  (Read 4367 times)

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: Guest Book Issues?
« Reply #15 on: 06 October, 2021, 06:45:12 AM »
The delimiter may be forward slash 8) 8) /8)

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 October, 2021, 06:42:30 AM »
That didn't work as expected. There must be qualifier/delimiter to show that text should be displayed.

What if I am, God knows why, writing a formula '64 divided by 8' = x - I really don't want (64/8) = x, maybe I've got to use parentheses {64/8} = x

That was exciting wasn't it? ;D ;D ;D ;D

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 October, 2021, 06:29:09 AM »
Emoji Test - Yes. When I click on Cool Dude, when composing, the text is "8)". When viewed after posting the emoji is displayed.

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 October, 2021, 06:23:28 AM »
Emoji Test Cool Dudes   8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 October, 2021, 05:47:59 AM »
That's great - thanks Lee, and "well done that man"! I don't even need to worry about the password because it comes up automatically.  So here's to chapter 987 and a new "life" as m space r - aka, "mr spaced out again"!

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 October, 2021, 03:33:25 AM »
Success  Still login as linhmartin with pw as you suggested. Posts now displayed as m r (with space). All your previous posts now display as m r

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 October, 2021, 08:44:50 AM »
Thanks Lee - I'll send you an email to propose keeping it simple and replacing the # with a space. Too frightened to show you on here in case the dreaded 'system' remembers that someone's already used it and won't allow anyone else!!!

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 October, 2021, 08:00:38 AM »
Failed miserably - I tried to change M#R to MR - SMF would not let me do it because I had previously, tried to register MR as a username, but the inoperative email subsystem did not send the email to enable the account. Now the MB remembers that there should be an account called MR but regrettably nobody can see it to delete it.
On the plus side I can, if you wish, change the display name for account linhmartin to, and this is where Martin has to get creative, (MR, M#R, and MartinR have all been used so will be unavailable). Please let me know, per email, what you will settle for as a Display name. Further you will have to trust me with your password/passphrase for linhmartin. Only Administrators can perform this operation, do you want to be one?

I'm not sure this level of complexity is what this message board was intended for. but we do what we can.

Lee

Test Account

• Petra - Life is good!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 October, 2021, 07:12:53 AM »
A step in the right direction. Notice the Display name is now M#R while the username of the account I made to do this testing is lbtestmr

I now suspect that I should be able to remove the # symbol and keep Martin happy LOL - Lee

Test Account

• Petra - Life is good!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 October, 2021, 06:58:09 AM »
This is a test response to Martin's last re username becoming de facto Display name. His statement is initially true but it is not cast in Stone, it can be changed.
Just taking a while to get my head round it.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 October, 2021, 03:35:02 AM »
Yeah, no problem here, either. Once I get my username unregistered for MB I'll hopefully be able to start again with MR - thought I'd mention that on here so no one else gets stuck with a MB signature they don't want! (your username automatically becomes your MB signature, so make sure you're using the one you want when you register...).

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 September, 2021, 09:48:52 AM »
Wow it opens straight away, lovely.  Still using same yahoo email address until I can get myself a cheap copy of Office.  But I have loved using Office 365 but the support was minimal until I really got angry.  Problem not solved though. :-\

Outback Traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 September, 2021, 03:14:14 AM »
I noticed that  - and can access from both. Onya, Lee!

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 September, 2021, 12:27:22 PM »
All fixed now, Ken. Lee's installed a new one.

Outback Traveller

• View Profile
Guest Book Issues?
« Reply #1 on: 16 September, 2021, 10:36:19 PM »
For some reason I can't access the guest book from either my PC or Mac. When I try I get:
"...Hmmm… can't reach this page208-signal-sqn.123guestbook.com refused to connect."
Does anybody else have the same problem?