Author Topic: World News  (Read 1981 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: World News
« Reply #4 on: 06 November, 2021, 03:55:39 AM »
I think 'racism' is a no no according to site rules, so I won't comment on France getting screwed by the AUSUK pact on the submarine contract ($90 BILLION - phew!). And the main perpetrator, Oz PM 'Smirk and mirrors' Morrison, now seems to have lost any credibility he might have had on the world stage, so it's a great joke all round, n'est ce pas?

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 October, 2021, 11:49:21 AM »
The world news is upsetting I agree so I try to just concentrate on what is happening in England.  I say England because I am sick of moaning Scots and can't wait for them to get out of the union.  I may be in the minority here but Nicola Sturgeon angers me so much.  I am also glad that we have joined with the US and Australia and left the French out of it.  Suppose that I am an awful person with my views so many of you will disagree with me.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 October, 2021, 02:38:16 AM »
Gotta say that living life upside down/back to front works great during lockdowns - and arguably even better than listening to canned music because ours is all "live": 24/7! A lot of you guys got married and produced offspring relatively early so you've done the "raising a child" thing and will hopefully know what I'm talking about - but I was always too busy running around the world and jumping out of "perfectly good" aeroplanes so have only recently got into raising a child but have to say it was worth the wait. We were the only family members available to care 24/7 for our niece Minh Anh (aka "Sunny") when her dad (Linh's brother) died unexpectedly of Sepsis a few years ago. She (Sunny) has lived with us ever since in the beachside town of Vung Tau - 2 hours due east of Saigon (HCMC). We've been locked inside our apartment for the past 3 months solid - only allowed outside when they deliver the daily food order, and only for long enough to pick it up and bring it inside.  But if I could have picked my ideal companions to share lockdown it would be the two I've got: wife Linh and niece Sunny (we're now her legal guardians with mum's consent, although it's only valid in VN until we can get back to Oz when the borders re-open and start the same process down there). Happy days indeed!

Terry W

• View Profile
World News
« Reply #1 on: 10 October, 2021, 12:47:57 PM »
 >:(Hello all, are you fed up with all the bad news coming from all over the world! Then do what I do on occasions, switch off TV, open bottle of whiskey have a couple of drams (not too many) turn on what ever music device you have and listen to some good old 60 s music. Magic! ;D ;)