Author Topic: Kop that, Fergie!  (Read 1752 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kop that, Fergie!
« Reply #2 on: 15 November, 2021, 11:08:25 AM »
It's probably contrary to recognised social media "etiquette" (if there's any such thing with social media!) to reply to one's own emails, but this and another post are sitting there with big fat zeros in the "reply" column so that will now change henceforth!
On the same topic (football), I've gotta say I'm no longer much of a fan since the big money took over. If Stevie Gerrard eventually finds his way back to Anfield in his new capacity as a manager, and then starts promoting local lads from the academy, I might get interested again, win or lose - but I just can't get excited about players who couldn't even find their own way to the Pier Head and are far more interested in owning the latest, fastest Italian or German motor car in town than even bothering to learn about Scouse culture (how's that for an oxymoron!).

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Kop that, Fergie!
« Reply #1 on: 25 October, 2021, 03:01:04 AM »
Man Utd 0 Liverpool 5 - at Old Trafford, in front of Mr "Big Mouth" Ferguson himself (he who started the entire decades-long feuding with his smartarse comments on arrival at Old Trafford that he was there "to knock Liverpool off their perch")! Now he knows, if he didn't already, that it takes more than one swallow to make a summer! I've gone right off football since the big money replaced local pride and fervour - but last night's result has thoroughly made my day! Now can't wait for the inevitable social media memes of Fergie's face when the fifth goal went in - yeehaaa!!!  ;D ;D ;D