Author Topic: Djokovic  (Read 3609 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: Djokovic
« Reply #9 on: 20 January, 2022, 01:47:47 PM »
"Slimy rotter" - love it! They're obviously both liars, Pam, so no different to any other politician and certainly don't deserve anyone's sympathy! We've got a local by-election shortly in Sydney where I'm hoping the new NSW Premier gets the boot - he replaced our favourite Gladys Berejeklian when she jumped before she got pushed (accused of closing her eyes to "slimy rotter" politician boyfriend's crooked ways), and immediately opened the Covid floodgates that she'd been controlling so well - and now the hospitals are full to overflowing, with nursing staff collapsing on the floor exhausted; it sounds terrible, and we're probably safer staying in Vietnam!

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January, 2022, 09:51:36 AM »
Yes but Cummings, his one time advisor who he sacked is having a field day. He said that he would topple him and he is trying his best. Cummings is unemployable now, people can see through him. Boris stood by him through the Barnard Castle debacle, where he drove up there visiting his family during lockdown.  He lied as well and Boris excused him and was on his side.  But the slimy rotter is now wreaking revenge.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 January, 2022, 05:50:38 AM »
Maybe Boris has finally realised that you can fool some of the people some of the time but...  I find it quite surprising how so many of us on the sidelines saw through him from day 1, yet so many Brits were fooled - just like Trump and 130 million seppos! He and Boris (and Australia's Scumbag Morrison) are living proof of the old adage that "bullsh*t baffles brains" - but thankfully not forever! Maybe they get away with it because they're in the faces (metaphorically speaking) of their constituents all day every day, thanks to the media!
Btw, I've edited this post to make it clear I'm talking about Boris and his fellow politicians, despite the subject line saying "Djokovic". Looks like another case of "SBP": sidetracked by Pam!  8)
« Last Edit: 18 January, 2022, 07:19:39 AM by MR »

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 January, 2022, 01:11:19 PM »
Yes I am delighted and I bet the majority of Australians are.  Lots of English are delighted but we have a lot going on with revelations of all the parties they have had at Downing Street.  I fancy Liz Truss for Leader, she is a bit wooden but she is a Leaver (brexit) and there fore not a fan of the EU.  She is our chief negotiator at the moment after Lord Frost resigned because of Boris.  Boris seems to have thrown in the towel, he has lost his vim and vigour.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 January, 2022, 08:23:25 AM »
"Game, set and match - Australia!"  Now wait for some macho chest-beating "Our border rules apply to everyone" from SloMo to try and put the whole sorry shambles behind him before the May election...

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January, 2022, 11:44:51 AM »
Further evidence now coming to light, where Djokovic claims "mistakes" and "errors of judgement" by his "team" and himself. Sounds like his biggest error of judgement was hiring whoever it was on his team who thought they could get away with such a blatant lie as saying he hadn't been anywhere in the preceding 14 days when evidence to the contrary was all over the internet - and since when were travellers allowed to let someone else complete their arrival forms anyway? Far too many discrepancies for me, so I now agree with Pam - SEND HIM HOME!
Here's the latest rundown from Oz media (12/01/22): https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2022/01/12/novak-djokovic-visa-statement/?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PM%20Extra%20-%2020220112

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 January, 2022, 01:54:43 PM »
It makes me cross and I jolly well hope he loses. He is only wanting to be there to win for a 10th time so he can break some record. His parents are on the TV as if he is a victim.  I bet he gets some stick from the crowd when he does appear.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 January, 2022, 01:24:48 PM »
Tend to agree with you, Terry - but we can't be sure we know the full story because there's an election downunder in 1Q2022 so the whole Djokovic thing has been conveniently turned into a political football, and there ain't much truth, if any, in politics! But from our perspective of having this trip to VN expand from the planned 4 months to just three weeks short of 2 years as I type this, it's not a good thing either way because, if Djokovic wins, the Oz gov't will make dam* sure no one else gets into the country unless they've ticked every one of the millions of boxes that will surely join the multitude that already stop so many of us from returning (and I'm not even talking about the $600 per person one way airfares that suddenly became $5,000 pp but hardly rated a mention in the media!).
On the other hand, if Djokovic loses, then the Oz gov't will flaunt their "win" as an example of how they're "protecting Australia's borders" - with the upshot being that they'll add even more boxes to be ticked, just to make sure no one can win and undo all their good work!
I'd personally like to see Djokovic lose because he's an arrogant so and so, but the exact same description can be applied to Oz PM Scomo (aka Scumbag) - so it's a case of "B*ggered if ya do, and b*ggered if ya don't"!!! Ain't politics wonderful................  ::) ::) ::)

Terry W

• View Profile
Djokovic
« Reply #1 on: 11 January, 2022, 12:00:21 PM »
What do any Australians on here, or anyone else for that, think of the Djokovic goings on in Melbourne? Personally I think he is putting 2 fingers up to the authorities and should be deported !!