Author Topic: A ray of sunshine - plus flying to Oz  (Read 2217 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: A ray of sunshine - plus flying to Oz
« Reply #7 on: 20 May, 2022, 05:38:45 AM »
Probably best called "hybrid", Pam - VN words are easy enough once you get your head around the pronounciation rules (such as they are!), but it's a tonal language and I'm tone deaf!!! Then there's the language I use with our niece (ward) Sunny - our conversations usually start with "Beep beep" and go swiftly downhill from there: but we both know what we're talking about!!!

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 May, 2022, 12:31:52 PM »
Interested to know what other languge you are using.  I bet Vietnmese is difficut to get your head round.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 May, 2022, 01:24:59 AM »
Thanks Lee, and thanks for the chat - probably the longest time I've spoken English in the last 20 years!

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 May, 2022, 03:04:08 AM »
Sorry scouse, I just assumed it would be yr OZ mobile 'cos we messaged a couple of times on yr last visit to Adelaide.
I'll email it
Cheers

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2022, 02:40:32 AM »
G'day Lee. I can usually read people's minds but for some reason can't focus on yours strong enough to read your phone number! Also flat out like a lizard drinking, trying to get all the chores done before heading back a week early because of the ridiculously pathetic "live with Covid" attitude in Sydney - I've got a plane to catch and they don't allow people to board if they test positive! If attitudes change and/or the skyrocketing infection rate suddenly goes into reverse, I'll hopefully get back here in July/August with Linh and Sunny - and SA is definitely on the agenda (interstate travel restrictions permitting) because Linh's favourite auntie lives somewhere near Glenelg.

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 April, 2022, 06:22:00 AM »
Hey Scouse,
Give us call when you get back - love to have a chat without a keyboard acting as an intermediary ;D 8)
Lee

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
A ray of sunshine - plus flying to Oz
« Reply #1 on: 20 April, 2022, 03:27:12 AM »
There's not much for anyone to be happy about these days - anything from Russia attacking Ukraine to Covid lockdowns or even the weather! But LFC giving Man U a 4-0 shellacking to follow the season's earlier 5-0 hammering is truly a bright spot in all the murk! Also flying back to Oz today for a quick 3 weeks to fix a few things that have fallen apart while we've been away for more than 2 years on what was supposed to be a 4 months trip! It was made possible because the VN visa rules changed and I was gonna have to do a renewal run to the border anyway, but VNA suddenly dropped their airfares to below pre-Covid levels so why not go a bit further? Mind you, I could write a book about the bureaucracy involved at both ends - I've got enough soft and hard copies of various health declarations and associated QR codes to fill a library! Happy days...............