Author Topic: Add a fb link to the MB and/or GB - yes/no?  (Read 1134 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: Add a fb link to the MB and/or GB - yes/no?
« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2023, 04:59:43 AM »
It's now 3 weeks since I posted the below message asking for comments/offers of help but no response so can only assume it's a non-starter and will discontinue thoughts about facebook groups (probably smart to ignore fb anyway - the Zuck doesn't need our help to get any richer!). Now let's hope former posters can find their way here and get the chat going again that fell by the wayside coincidentally with covid's arrival and the need for new MB and GB - both of which have been rebuilt/renewed by our resident technical genius Lynn 'Lee' Burgess
« Last Edit: 19 August, 2023, 05:02:07 AM by MR »

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Add a fb link to the MB and/or GB - yes/no?
« Reply #1 on: 29 July, 2023, 02:48:49 PM »
G'day all
I've been flat-chat since getting back to VN from our recent trip downunder, so haven't really made any progress with researching the possibility of replacing and/or linking Message Board/Guest Book to a new facebook group. However, one thing that seems fairly obvious is that it's not entirely straightforward. On top of that is the difficulty of discontinuing either or both. Here's a copy of the advice I just read elsewhere:
How do I delete a Facebook group that I admin?
If you're a group admin, you can delete your Facebook group by removing all members (in private groups) or banning all members (in public groups) and then leaving the group, as long as the group creator has left the group or you are the group creator. When no members remain in the group, it will automatically be deleted.
Deleting a group is permanent and cannot be reversed. Alternatively, you can pause a group. Learn about the differences between pausing and deleting. .../ends
Given the apparent lack of interest since Lee valiantly rebuilt Pam's 208 Sigs site despite many obstacles that would have floored lesser people, I can only wonder if it would be worthwhile starting a facebook group that might never take off and therefore cause the originator some almighty headaches trying to get rid of it again!
Any comments/offers of help?