Author Topic: Message Posting by 208 People  (Read 2016 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: Message Posting by 208 People
« Reply #12 on: 19 September, 2023, 02:08:18 PM »
Yeah, me too - I don't even remember Shades of Blue so I was either under the influence, hadn't arrived, or already been and gone! But Lee's gonna answer the question for the poster and he's the one who's been manipulating everything for the past coupla years to get the site back online so if anyone knows the answer, it's him!  ;D

Outback Traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 September, 2023, 11:24:31 PM »
Morning, MR
Don't recall ever seeing a copy of the song on the original page. So it would a be a No, from me.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 September, 2023, 03:34:49 AM »
I agree, Ken - more info required. But as far as the question from "Bob Doe" goes about the existence or not of the song on this website, the answer he's looking for is possibly just a simple "yes" or "no". My own answer would be "don't know", so that's not very helpful and I'll therefore leave it to Pam or one of you guys (Ken, Lee) who may know more.

Outback Traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 September, 2023, 08:03:45 AM »
Greetings from Townsville in Far North Queensland(FNQ)
Interesting that 'Bob.doe' asks after the Shades of Blue and their recording of "In The Midnight Hour".
Knowing of this 56/57 year-old recording suggests he may have a connection to the band. Or, esoteric tastes...
Otherwise why pose the question?
More information required 'Bob.doe'...

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 September, 2023, 02:39:53 PM »
No, Pam - this is the MB (Message Board), which requires a once-off registration to post messages. The GB is Guest Book - click on the link in the top left-hand corner of this website's home page (the icon looks like an open book with blinking eyelids - very creative!) and you'll see the most recent post by someone (who appears to be using a pseudonym but please correct me if I'm wrong) asking if any photos of that band you guys often talk about ("Shades of Blue").
« Last Edit: 05 September, 2023, 02:41:28 PM by MR »

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 September, 2023, 11:19:58 AM »
Not quite au fait with things Martin.  Is this the GB so where do I find this quuestion?

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 September, 2023, 05:50:05 AM »
Same age as me! Btw Pam, there's a question for you on the GB if you haven't seen it yet.

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 August, 2023, 01:48:34 PM »
The chap christened Legs Maguire byt the boys of 208 was an Aussie and goodness me he will be around 80 now. 

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 August, 2023, 03:04:14 AM »
Yeah, good ol' Tony - lovely guy. He was on our rebro crew (RRB2) in 2 Sigs where I was posted after 208. Next thing we know, they'd posted him out to 208!!! The name Legs Maguire rings a bell, but no vision or memories so can't comment. Maybe one of our lurkers will remember more?
Shades of Blue were after my time but it sounds like they were very popular. Linh and I now have our own resident songbird - our niece Sunny (just turned 11yo) has been appointed joint lead singer of her high school choir - she's got a voice to match her angelic looks! (but then I suppose I'm biased!).
« Last Edit: 29 August, 2023, 03:50:35 AM by MR »

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 August, 2023, 06:54:15 PM »
I love to remember things, not the horrid boozy nights when Sam had to be carried in, absolutely unconcious.  Awful!

I miss Tony Ratcliffe, he remembered every thing that we did and conversations and who was goid and wh was not so good.  It was rare that he said anything wrong aboyt anyone but he hated a particular Aussie who the lads christened Legs Maguire.  He liked brown speckled eggs which I saved for times when he ended up at our place on Stevenson. The school kids like theor memories as well, what music was popular, dancing to Shades of Blue.

Anyway enough enough. Things is none of of my era are around on the board and they never were, they seemed reluctant to show thir faces.

See Yah

Pam

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2023, 04:52:21 AM »
"Time and tides wait for no man (or woman!)". There are not many posts on this MB apart from those made by the same few, so we can only assume that former posters/colleagues have moved on with their lives and have higher priorities than swapping comments about the past. Or maybe they just can't remember anymore, like me! :-X

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Message Posting by 208 People
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2023, 09:49:58 AM »
I am a member of a Facebook page run by the ex pupils of the schools in Terendak Camp.  It is a very busy group and I log in every day but never ever have any children of 208 members posted a single message.  I thought that some  of the 208 people may have died but their children are still around and I know several of them went to Slim School which was the senior school and also children od Mountbatten School which was the junior school.  I often join in and some of the kids remember Shades of Blue band.  It is strange though that children of 208 people don't bother.