Author Topic: Rather Urgent  (Read 478 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rather Urgent
« Reply #7 on: 27 April, 2024, 01:06:50 PM »
OK Pam, good luck. And happy 85th - hope the wheelchair works OK!!!  ;D

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 April, 2024, 12:19:20 PM »
Actually Martin, I have not let either of them know. I know it is daft but it might just be the last straw regards their their patience with stuff that inevitably goes wrong when I get involved in things.  Simon (son) is home and he has sorted some things out for me.  I am lying low now for awhile and planning my 85th birthday goings on, which includes a meal out some charity shop shopping in some posh place like Harrogate.  I got a second hand wheel chair to accompany me on the trip.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April, 2024, 02:03:26 PM »
Good move, Pam - but don't forget to let Lee and/or Poul know what you plan before you go ahead and do it because you might otherwise do something that conflicts with an action one or both of them are taking on your behalf! (hint hint).  ;D

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rather Urgent - Not Now!!
« Reply #4 on: 16 April, 2024, 12:17:44 PM »
Afternoon All

I have decided to keep Shtum about my computer trouble because I dig my own grave most of the time.  I am thinking of going with my Microsoft account and change the email address slightly. I used to love Microsoft Outlook but that is long since gone, it was perfect for my needs.  I could the internet for something similar and that I might do.  At the moment I have my son here from Singapore but he us often too busy to attend to me needs - unless I absolutely insist. 

Thanks to Martin and Lee for their help and patience. Someone has told me that spreadsheets are easy when you go on You tube but I am not so sure.  So Lee, maybe I might send my spreadsheet to you every few months if there is anything wrong.

I am closing my One.com account which I am about to do and hope that they may be able to export any emails over to me.

Support the website please and especially the Message Board,

Cheer

Pam McD  :)

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April, 2024, 11:29:21 AM »
Thanks for replying.  Poul will be a busy chap and I don't think he has time to bother with my problems.  I will just wait till a Eureka moment hits me, you never know! 

I will keep in touch because that is what it is all about.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 April, 2024, 03:20:05 AM »
Would love to help, Pam, but I really don't understand the problem. If Poul gave you a new password and it doesn't work (for whatever reason), can't he give you another one that will work?

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Rather Urgent
« Reply #1 on: 03 April, 2024, 01:07:31 PM »
I have got myself in to a real pickle,  and it is entirely of my making.  I dig myself in deeper and deeper every time and I need help.  I will try to explain.

My sister gave me a ten year old iMac and eventually I have it up an nearly running.  But my downfall is due to passwords. I sorted out my Apple ID which is the same, obviously, as my iPad and iPhone.  No problem there then, but for some reason Apple want a password for my email address.  I don't know it. I should have used Gmail because I have no intention of having email on this apple computer.  It is just for me to play on in my old age and to keep my ageing brain sort of active.  I can't knit any more due to arthritis and I have no idea how to crochet so I keep going on my computers. 

I asked Poul to give me a new password for my One.com webmail which I think he will have done to keep the old girl quiet.  What he didn't know was that I had already changed the password to something else.  When I went on to access my webmail I couldn't because my password was not accepted.

The chat facility on One.com obviously didn't understand what I was talking about and they gave me instructions to go on and change my password but I have to know the CORRECT password in order to actually go on to One.com.

I don't really know what anyone of you can do to help