Author Topic: If we have photos to upload....  (Read 2087 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: If we have photos to upload....
« Reply #5 on: 08 November, 2021, 03:29:25 AM »
Yes, Tony was on my RRB crew in A Sqn, 2 Sigs before he left for 208 (from where I'd arrived). We never used cameras much in those days so not many photos around and I'm fairly sure I've already posted any I have - but will have a look through the galleries in coming months to make sure.

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 November, 2021, 10:46:11 AM »
I can't get in touch with Teresa and I am sure that she would give us some info.  Martin you were with him in 2 Sigs weren't you? I don't what other units he was in. He went from 208 to demob.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 November, 2021, 03:18:21 AM »
I'd like to update my "208 Then & Now" (nothing major), so will email existing copy with edits marked sometime this weekend (hopefully!).  Not much we can add to Tony, Ocker, Bob, Doc, etc except the fact that they're dead (and maybe when they died, if known - I can't help with any of that, I'm afraid).

LeeB6430

• Administrator
  • Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 November, 2021, 11:22:27 PM »
In the short term (12-18 months - he said hopefully) email any changes you would like to me. I will edit, or create the appropriate pages, content, and links, etc.
When I have developed a workable procedure I shall go into print.

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
If we have photos to upload....
« Reply #1 on: 05 November, 2021, 12:30:13 PM »

Something just dawned on me.  How do we put any photos which we receive on to the website, in fact how does anything get published?  It would be a good idea to update the Then & Now and also the Obit section.  We haven't added Tony, Ocker, Bob Blackbourne and many more, but it might not be possible to get any info about the person.  It would be up to Martin, or Ken to provide a bit of info.

I think there must have been a rush of people who were curious about 208 and began to search, maybe people don't do that any more.  My internet friend "Oliver" used Flicker but I can't remember the software that me and the Lover used.  Even I was able to publish things but the software got too complicated or my brain started to rot - but I was unable to do it. When He died an ex Royal Signals person offered to take care of it.   We used that file transfer thingy then but even he has now become not really fit enough to help.  People used to email me the photos and I posted them up with appropriate write ups.